Saturday, May 21, 2011

Savage Spin on Ballinastoe Trails

I just got back from a decent spin. This morning I went down to Ballinastoe and did ride the trails that I like in deed. During the winter time when the weather isn't too good I drive there but during the summer I allways prefer to ride the bike all the way to the trails, have a nice mountain bike spin there and cycle home afterwards. This way I spend long enough time on the bike and after the spin I get good mileage as well. Also to get distance like this done on the XC bike takes good effort.

The map of the spin
I did get to Ballinastoe quiet quickly and I felt good and fresh so I wanted to have a quick, timed big lap done. I did ride the loop many times before but I never have checked the time that it takes to finish it. The starting / finishing point was the rail on the bottom of the fire road. Off I went for the big loop and I really enjoyed it in deed. During the first couple of kilometers I felt a bit slower than I wanted to feel but I have picked up the pace and got faster. 

After 59 minutes and 23 seconds I got back to the rail, this was my time to get the big loop done. I think it isn't too bad but I defenitely want to shave a bit of a time off next time. :)

I have stopped only once to take this shot. Excellent view! :)

After I got back to the carpark I didn't hang around for long because the weather started to get bad, so I wanted to get back home before the rain. I cycled back on the same route through Enniskerry, Stepaside and Dundrum.

Today's spin was 66.6km long under 3 hours and 15 minutes with the total elevation gain was 1021m. I have burned 1930 kcal during the spin and on the way home I broke my personal speed record as well: 73,5 km/h max speed on the XC bike. I am pretty happy for that, I like to go faaast! :)

Today's graph

Now I finished my outstanding lunch (roast chicken breast with mashed potato and steamed vegetables) so I am ready to rest this afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment