Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quick morning spin - Dublin Mountain Way


This morning was great on the bike! I went up to the mountains, my destination was the Dublin Mountain Way this time. This trail is nice and fast with queit technical drops and tricky downhill sections at the end. It is lovely to ride up there!

I got up there from the Marlay Park side and cycled along the first section of the Wicklow Way. But unfortunately I got a puncture. I put my spare tube in but that was all I had with me today. So I have decided to head back towards home on the tarmac road, in case I get another puncture. It would have been a long walk home! :)

The map of today's ride

So, because of that this morning's spin got a little bit shorter than it was planned but it's ok 'cause I really did enjoy to be up there. I have cycled 32 km this morning with nearly 600 m elevation on the way. This took me 1 hour and 35 minutes. This pace not the fastest but kind of all right with the many tough off-road sections.

The conclusion of todays spin is: I have to look around for new set of tyres I think or maybe try out the tubeless set up. I keep getting punctures since I have the Bontrager XR1 tyres on, so the issue needs to be sorted in deed!

No comments:

Post a Comment