Monday, July 25, 2011

New personal best - Kilmashogue climb (long)


My task was to get a new personal best on the Kilmashogue climb this morning. I love this climb because it is long enough and the avarage gradient is pretty consistent (only couple of steep bits along the way).

As a warmup I cycled through Rathgar and Rathfarnham to get to the start point which is the M50 bridge just next to the Marlay Park.

From the bridge I went up on the Kilmashogue Lane to the Kilmashogue carpark. There I hit the fire road that leads up towards the top of Threerock. I have crossed all to way to the upper section of the tarmac road that runs up to the top which was the finish point.  The first section and the last bit was on tarmac road but most of the route was fire road.

I felt great on the climb and I could manage to set my new personal best on it. It is nice to see what is the best time on climbs like this 'cause I can compare to this time when I give it a go again in the future.

Kilmashogue Climb (long) 
(From M50 bridge to the top where the tarmac road ends on Threerock)

distance: 3 km
max. speed: 22,4 km/h
calories burned: 318 kcal
personal best: 21 minutes 56 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment