Saturday, July 9, 2011

New personal best - Ballinastoe (long loop)

Yesterday I went up to Ballinastoe to have a super fast training spin as a preparation for the National Champs. The weather was really bad, the rain was quiet heavy at the time I left from home. Because of that I decided to drive to the mountain bike trail centre rather than ride all the way there. Normally I cycle out and back but this time I voted for the bit more comfy option. :)

Ready for the record attempt.
My plan was to set up a new personal best riding the long loop. I haven't ride those trails for a good while so I was very curious what I can do on the day. I got ready and off I went.

The weather hasn't improved at all for the rest of the afternoon, so I was riding in very heavy rain and lots of mud. Luckily it was a warm day anyway so at least I didn't feel cold. I completed one of the long loop and one of the short one. I checked the time on the long loop and I was happy to see: task was completed, I finished with a new personal record. 

Ballinastoe Trails (long loop)

distance: 14 km
elevation gain: 319 m
avarage speed: 14,9 km/h
max. speed: 38,1 km/h
calories burned: 479 kcal
personal best: 57 minutes 48 seconds

After the wet and muddy spin
The gear might needs a good and effective detergent :)

I wanted to record a nice XC video footage also, so the GoPro camera was fitted on the bike during the long loop. Check out the recorded footage! :)

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment