Friday, July 22, 2011

Training around Howth once again


Today I visited one of my loved place to be on the bike. I cycled out to Howth, did the off-road loop around the half-island and cycled back home. 

I'm living in Dublin for a little more than 6 years but the coast is still amazes me every time. The smell of the sea, the view and the breeze that I can't compare to anything is brilliant! :) This was why I've had my training there instead up in the mountains.

In the Howth Harbour with the "Ireland's Eye" in the background


Now, we do have to admit that there isn't any significant climb out there but the trails are exciting indeed. They would not be suitable if anyone scared of height 'cause the trails are very close to the cliffs at some places. 


The trail goes around the half-island

They are not technical either but for some reason they are very nice to ride. As I go around the view just gets better and better. It is spectacular, especially on a lovely summer day like we had today. 


Stunning, isn't it? :)

Checking out the view of the Dublin Bay.

I did get one full loop done today as I was in a hurry to get back home but even if the off-road bit was quiet short I enjoyed every minute of it. My training spin was 55km long and took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to get it done. It was roasting out there today, but I guess it is a good complaint to have. :) Keep up summer time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment